Sustainable practices and principles permeate every facet of Aligned’s organization; aligning these initiatives with our financing further demonstrates an industry-leading commitment to environmental stewardship. Aligned’s green finance provides the Company with the ability to further support environmental projects as well as to keep expanding its data center portfolio. This includes land acquisition in key U.S. and international regions to address the heightened data center demand of marquee clients, as well as expedite the expansion of existing data center campuses.
In September 2020, Aligned made history by securing the first U.S. data center sustainability-linked financing. The facility is also one of the largest private debt raises in data center history. The Company’s sustainability-linked financing is tied to the Aligned’s core environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including:
- a commitment to match 100% of Aligned’s annual energy consumption to zero-carbon renewable energy by 2024;
- aligning the company’s ESG reporting efforts with a global standard and ensuring ESG disclosure for Aligned stakeholders; and
- a commitment to having and reporting on a Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) with respect to workplace safety.
In July of 2021, Aligned met and successfully exceeded all the requirements of its $1 billion sustainability-linked credit facility and increased it by $250M to $1.25 billion.
In August 2021, Aligned announced the establishment of a newly-created data center ABS platform and the issuance of $1.35 billion in securitized notes. This brings Aligned’s total in committed financing to $1.725 billion, setting the record for the largest-ever inaugural data center securitization.
Aligned’s Green Finance issuances:
- Download Green Finance Framework
- Download Second Party Opinion
- Additional information about our efforts can be found on our Sustainability page