June 5, 2017 The question really is “How fast can you deliver capacity that actually meets my needs today and into the future?” Quick take
- Our new Technical Brief explains the answer to a question we get often: “How fast can you deliver data center capacity?”
- While speed is important, in a colocation environment, how the provider delivers new capacity matters too.
- Aligned’s unique mechanical and electrical infrastructure gives us the ability to be quite quick at providing capacity that’s very expandable and very flexible compared to other data center environments.
- Our approach to both mechanical and electrical infrastructure balances efficient utilization of capital and flexibility with the ability to scale quickly for our customers.
- If the question is about how fast Aligned Data Centers can deliver you new capacity that actually meets your needs today and into the future, the answer is: At the speed of demand.
The cloud has changed the perception of speed. In a world in which you can spin up a server in minutes, where capacity ramps up and down based on your needs, it can feel archaic to wait months, or even weeks, for a data center provider to provision new capacity. But while speed is important, and colocation providers should be able to articulate how quickly they can deliver new capacity, it’s not the only factor that matters. In a colocation environment, how the provider is delivering new capacity matters, too. Beyond the timeframe, does the new capacity meet your business needs? Does it strand capacity? Box you into a particular configuration? Constrain future growth? Speed is irrelevant if it means quickly getting new capacity that doesn’t actually fit your business needs. When we answer the question “How fast can you deliver data center capacity?” we answer it as a solutions provider, not just a landlord of data center space. Download our Technical Brief to find out more about how fast we can deliver data center capacity. Our Tech Brief explains why we’re focused on speed, but on the speed it takes to meet our clients’ needs. Balancing speed & efficiency: Mechanical infrastructure Our approach balances efficient utilization of capital and flexibility with the ability to scale quickly for our customers. We build a backplane of mechanical infrastructure day one. And we can quickly and easily deliver incremental capacity by adding components which are factory-built and modularized into right-sized increments. Balancing speed & efficiency: Electrical infrastructure Our approach to balancing efficient utilization of capital and flexibility with the ability to scale quickly for our customers extends to the electrical infrastructure as well. Fast – and useful In all cases, our intelligent infrastructure and rapidly scalable model make it possible for us to rapidly deploy additional capacity while maintaining capital efficiency. So if the question is about how fast Aligned Data Centers can deliver you new capacity that actually meets your needs today and into the future, the answer is: At the speed of demand.