July 20, 2017
Our new CEO Andrew Schaap talks about the role of agility, speed, and vision in the Digital Age – for organizations and their data centers.
- We now live in a world where every business is a digital business.
- Organizations that succeed in this environment have three traits in common: agility, speed, and vision.
- But organizations are only as agile, fast, and visionary as their data centers.
- Aligned is uniquely positioned to enable agility, speed, and vision.
By Andrew Schaap, CEO, Aligned
We operate in an environment that has been characterized as “a world eaten by software,” “business @ the speed of thought,” and “the age of the customer.” Underpinning these trends is what IDC has called “the biggest industry shakeout since the Industrial Revolution” – digital transformation. We now live in a world where digital disruption has dramatically impacted every business in one way or another.
Organizations that succeed in this environment have three traits in common: agility, speed, and vision.
- Agility – In both B2B and B2C, successful organizations have become “more agile and more sensitive to changes in the marketplace.” They’re able to pivot as consumer demands change (which they do, often).
- Speed – Successful organizations move fast to respond as new demand arises. Take the example of Pokémon GO (launch traffic was 50x the company’s projections – now that’s scale). And it’s not only companies born and bred on the internet that are taking this approach. Huge legacy companies have also adopted startup-like speed in order to succeed in this new world.
- Vision – At the same time as they’re pivoting and moving fast to meet customers’ needs today, successful organizations are looking to the future to ensure they can meet customers’ needs tomorrow. It’s why GE is all in on the Industrial Internet of Things and why Google, Microsoft, IBM, and Amazon have all launched AI funds – as just two examples.
Agility, speed, and vision in the factory of the digital age
A world in which every business is a digital business means the pressure is on IT. As Gartner puts it, IT is no longer “business support.” It’s the engine that drives digital business. And so the foundation of IT – the data center, that place where all the compute, network, and storage work gets done – is core to the success of business today.
Organizations are only as agile, fast, and visionary as their data centers. Cloud, colocation, or on-premises, the data center is the factory of the digital age. Success requires a data center partner who can deliver compute, storage, and network capacity nimbly and quickly and has a strategic vision for how to meet the capacity needs of tomorrow.
That’s what Aligned is all about:
- Enabling agility – Our mechanical and electrical infrastructure enables clients to support mixed density in the same footprint, accommodate increasingly variable IT workloads, and increase density without reconfiguring their IT footprints.
- Enabling speed – With a combination of highly scalable, factory-built components and pre-provisioned capacity in the yard, we can deliver multi-megawatts of capacity in 10-12 weeks.
- Enabling vision – Infrastructure that supports agility and speed, and a supply chain that de-risks global deployments enable our clients to meet their future needs as well, no matter the location, the scale, or the density they’ll demand.
In nearly 15 years in the data center industry, I’ve seen how demand for an adaptive data center approach – a data center partner that is agile, fast, and visionary – continues to exceed expectations. That’s why I joined Aligned, a company uniquely positioned to deliver on all three.
If you’re looking for a data center partner that can enable your agility, speed, and vision, come check us out.