JOB TITLE: Director of Operations
REPORTS TO: SVP of Operations
The Director Operations will oversee and manage all aspects of the campus operations to include safety, security, reliability, network environment, customer relations, the critical environment, and P&L. The Director of Operations will ensure all electrical and mechanical systems meet or exceed industry standards for critical maintenance resulting in 100% uptime, ensures the building engineering and security teams follow all reporting and documentation processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and meets all customer service level agreements and compliance audits. This role reports to the SVP of Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acting as site senior leader for the all-campus management activities, including developing, implementing, and quality control/assurance processes for all site engineering, preventative maintenance, security, house services, and logistics functions.
- Will work closely with all strategic supply chain vendors to ensure Aligned’s lean management strategies and continuous innovation and process improvement are fully implemented.
- Will meet all customer service levels and power utilization efficiency commitments and take an active role in ongoing customer interaction. Participate in customer service review discussions and various ad-hoc meetings related to data center management issues.
- This position will be responsible for developing and meeting site operations budgets, as well as participating in the development and implementation of AE’s industry-leading, “use based” model for customer infrastructure management services and AE’s commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Oversee all building systems, critical facilities equipment, and other equipment associated with datacenter environments including electrical plants, UPS and batteries, Generator, fuel storage and distribution, HVAC and cooling plants, BMS, lighting, grounding and lightning protection, fire and life safety, domestic and make-up water systems.
- Ensures Industry Compliance Standards are obtained and maintained to the highest levels.
- Manages customer service orders and remote hand requests.
- Ensures electrical and mechanical installations, repair and maintenance of equipment and controls located in the interior and exterior of the building meets industry standards.
- Ensure performance testing is completed and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of critical equipment.
- Supervise local change management processes including the review and approval of all Method of Procedures (MOPs) for maintenance and one-time/emergency repair events in coordination with onsite personnel, contractors and customers.
- Manage all maintenance and repair contracts to ensure compliance with maintenance standards and operational requirements. Confirm all vendors are qualified and adhere to established company performance standards and scopes of work.
- Identify trends and analyze risks to articulate implications and impact to data center operations. Track operational metrics and other data to provide Senior Management oversight and control for both snapshot data and long-term trend analysis.
- Ensure efficient and reliable operations of all building systems.
- Scheduling of preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services to meet service level commitments.
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Develops training material and ensures staff meets all training obligations for safety and skills development.
- Maintain on-going communication with tenants, contractors, and vendors.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and any customer concerns.
- Ensures inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and AE directives as relates to building and critical environment operations.
- Operational Roles may also apply as necessary.
STRONGLY DESIRED WORKING EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Project Management Software (MS Projects, Prolog, Procore, BIM 260, or similar).
- Data Center technical knowledge and experience required.
- Strong project management, program management and analytical skills while working within tight deadlines and multiple projects.
- Strong presentation, communication, and customer management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 10 years’ experience or a minimum of 12-15 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents, AutoCAD, Visio, and PDF documents.
- Ability to project and time-manage effectively.
- Ability to develop operational standards, project tracking, and management documents.
- Ability to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of all applicable rules, laws, codes, regulations and ordinances in performing data/communications and MEP projects.
- Ability to estimate cost of client installations and other assigned projects. Cost tracking for all projects.
- Knowledge of Purchase Order Requests process and invoice tracking.
- Develops appropriate RFP processes in addition to the development of operating and capital budgets.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail, and an openness to new ideas and procedures.
- MSOffice applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Occasional travel will be required for training and meetings
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; assist in developing budgets and experience understanding reporting budgets/financials; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management – Assists in the Development of workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Team Player with Strong Communications skills; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Team Player across the organization; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Develops Budgets for projects; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand/walk/sit
- Frequently required to bend/climb
- Occasionally required to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email [email protected] to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.