JOB TITLE: Director, Compliance and Risk
REPORTS TO: CEO
SUMMARY: As Director, Compliance and Risk, this individual will play a critical role in the development and ongoing compliance assessment for the whole entity. From conceptual best practices development, and into audit program execution, this role will lead excellence across the organization. This successful candidate will bring a strong work ethic, willingness to work collaboratively with multiple key stakeholders in every team in the organization. With locations across the US and in multiple time zones, managing stakeholders across our portfolio requires flexibility and availability in driving our success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ownership of full suite of compliance. Current frameworks include: ISO 27001, PCI DSS, HIPAA, FISMA (Moderate), SOC II, and financial audit.
- Lead execution of external audits, including oversight over external partners
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in development of Sarbanes Oxley compliant processes and procedures in support of the company’s growth focus.
- Provide guidance, organization, and assistance in the development of entity level practices.
- Develop, oversee, and maintain internal audit function across entire compliance portfolio.
- Working closely with counsel (internal and external), finance, and accounting, ownership and review of the entity’s insurance program for risk mitigation and compliance with financial and contractual requirements.
- Drive process improvement initiatives and process controls across the portfolio.
- Provide regular oversight to CEO and as needed the Board of Directors in evaluation of program performance and compliance achievement for every department in the organization.
- Provide guidance and assist with compliance projects.
- Assist in contract review in support of contractual compliance requirements with customers.
- Lead regular project/commercial risk management efforts, including risk identification and analyses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Formal education with focus in risk advisory, legal, or accounting field. Relevant certifications (CFE, CPA) will be strongly favored.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience years in related function with continued exposure to organizational compliance programs.
- Data center or construction industry exposure a plus
- Successful record in planning, structuring and executing compliance programs.
- Detail-oriented, with an emphasis on accuracy and completeness of work with minimal supervisory assistance is a high priority.
- Experience in quickly adapting to organizational change and in innovation of best practice recommendations which can similarly adapt. Comfortable navigating ambiguity and championing change.
- Strong understanding of compliance frameworks.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and prioritization within a fast paced environment managing multiple projects with concurrent demands and deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Unwavering integrity.
- Computer skills required: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email [email protected] to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.