JOB TITLE: Data Scientist
REPORTS TO: VP, IT Infrastructure Operations
SUMMARY: This position will work closely and collaborate with multiple stakeholders that support critical customer dashboards and automation tools for pulling data. The data scientist will assist teams in troubleshooting and support service delivery programs effectively and promptly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Review and make recommendations to reduce costs with proper data structure and retention.
- Analyze and understand data sources & APIs.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Work closely with the Operations team to build automated data pipelines.
- Partner with cloud and data architects to define robust architecture in cloud setup pipelines and workflows.
- Provide guidance to product managers to understand the business objectives.
- Assess data to ensure the source data is aggregated and cleansed.
- Design and Develop methods to filter/cleanse the data Design and Develop SQL queries and APIs to extract data from the store.
- Design and Develop methods to connect & collect data from different data sources.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
ADDITIONAL SUMMARY OF SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Data Scientist Adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- Must have proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Proven sense of high accountability and self-drive to take on and see-through big challenges.
- Confident, takes ownership, willingness to get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal communications and cross-group collaboration skills
- Familiarity with HTTP and invoking web-APIs Exposure to machine learning engineering.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience with AWS and Azure
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models,
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions;
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email [email protected] to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.