JOB TITLE: Senior Construction Manager
REPORTS TO: Director Construction Management
SUMMARY: Provide leadership and direction in construction policies, vendor relationships, accountability, training and employee development, subcontractor and supplier relationships. Manage project and group predictability and profitability. Will work closely with Director Construction Management in adopting best construction management best practices, policies, and tools.
- Location is flexible, however, based in Dallas, TX or Ashburn, VA is preferred.
- Travel is expected to support projects and pursuits. Projects are expected to be throughout North America and could extend into LATAM, South America, and EMEA.
- Responsible to direct day to day operations of construction projects.
- Projects will be large, fast moving, complex, and require a high degree of coordination and proactive leadership.
- Provide guidance and project leadership including ground up construction, remodels, renovations, etc. ensuring projects are meeting or exceeding company expectations
- Organize and lead cross function work groups, including design, procurement, operations, IT/Network, and finance as needed to achieve construction management best practices.
- Direct as many as 25+ external vendors per project comprising General Contractors, A&E design teams, commissioning agents, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Implement company and departmental processes and best management practices within areas of responsibility.
- Ensure effective contract administration including generation, review, management, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, cost forecasts, and other pertinent documents and documentation. Assure that internal controls are in place at each step of the process.
- Inspect work in place and work in progress to ensure same meets or exceeds quality, specification, and schedule requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external team members including staff, subcontractors, vendors, architects, and other industry professionals
- Self-growth by seeking out training, professional development, and career advancement opportunities
- Provide subject-matter expertise in areas of responsibility
- Reports status, successes, challenges and plans of action to management team and company on a timely basis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, construction management or a related field.
- 7+ years progressive experience in successfully managing commercial construction projects or programs
- Strong working knowledge of building construction and project management processes and procedures at a national scale.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of the design of data centers in various geographies in North America.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate construction documents including drawings, specifications and contracts
- Competency in CPM scheduling methods, construction cost estimating, proposal generation and development, document management and contract administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and other industry computer applications.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, written and verbal presentation, and team-building skills proven in multiple international regions.
- Demonstrated success building and leading teams of construction professionals at varying levels of professional development proven in multiple international regions.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, exceptional communication, negotiation and analytical skills required proven in multiple international regions.
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team projects in an extremely fast paced and demanding environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email [email protected] to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.