JOB TITLE: Security Manager
SUMMARY:The Security Manager is responsible for the communication, and implementation of security programs, operations programs, safety initiatives and associated processes and best practices to ensure a safe and secure environment for Aligned and its Customers. The ability to build cross-functional relationships with clients, vendors, and on site Security vendors is critical to success. The position focuses heavily on physical security including security vendor management across a national region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct responsibility for onsite security vendor performance interfacing with on-site security teams at each data center
- Provides guidance on corporate physical security programs to staff, vendors, and clients identifying gaps and recommending corrective actions
- Develops and maintains post orders and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure execution and enforcement of business conduct and integrity standards, employee safety and security, security investigations, crisis response, business continuity and security and government partnerships
- Regularly communicates updates to internal stakeholders, vendors, and Clients on incidents, emerging risks, and other issues that may impact data center operations, employees, vendors or clients
- Monitor customer requests and ensure appropriate and timely response to tickets or incidents.
- Perform security and vulnerability assessments
- Function as technical support for Security staff
- Lead investigations, reporting, and after-action work in response to policy violations or criminal activities
- Establishes and monitors performance metrics to determine security team effectiveness
- Assists with security budget management and contract management
- Delivers training on security topics, assist in the coordination of security services to support planned and unplanned operations, and support incident investigation efforts
- Travel approximately 33 percent of the time in order to perform the above responsibilities at the multiple data center locations nationally, on-call availability 24×7
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for decisions effecting multiple sites within the data center fleet
- 5 + years of site/campus security management experience
- Planning, organizational, and motivational experience
- Project and program implementation and management experience
- Experience drafting SOP’s in technical and non-technical formats
- Experience reporting on physical security and site administrative KPIs
- Experience presenting in formal and informal settings
- Experience with safety and emergency procedure protocols and regulatory interfaces
- Knowledge in physical security strategies, principles, standards, policies, and procedures
- Experience as an administrator responsible for security technologies including Video Surveillance, Access Control, and Incident Management Systems, Security Operations Centers
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.