JOB TITLE: Project Engineer, Critical Facilities
DEPARTMENT: Platform Delivery
REPORTS TO: Project Manager and/or Director, Platform Delivery
SUMMARY:The Project Engineer assists and supports the AE Platform Delivery Team with all aspects of construction management including oversight of employee and third-party organizations to complete a specific project while coordinating with other Managers on the same job site. This position works under direct supervision, requires strong self-management skills and demonstrated good organizational and time management abilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (under direct supervision and experience levels may vary):
- Support the management of current construction project schedules and status of project cost while tracking/overseeing all permits and time schedules to stay on budget.
- Coordinate all live construction activities with building operations while promoting safety and compliance initiatives and requirements on site.
- Assist in the creation of programs that allows AE Operational Leadership to track and manage all elements of our AE construction projects in real time.
- Work directly with each AE Platform Delivery team member to optimize and improve project delivery schedules
- Assist Project Managers in the oversight and direction of all construction activities and construction personnel
- Own and maintain all administrative duties associated with AE construction projects (to include, but not limited to: Request for Proposals, Project Award Notification and Semi-Annual Business Reviews
- Assist in the set up and management of project budgets according to the project controls procedures set forth by AE Senior Leadership. Work within AE cost tracking system (defined by finance)
- Assist and support Project Managers/Directors with relationships between all outside General Contractors, Sub-Contractors and 3rd Party PM’s and Owners Reps partnered with the AE Platform Delivery Team
- Work closely with AE and/or 3rd party on-site Project Manager to track all the cost aspects of a project to include, but not limited to:
- Input all commitments into AE cost tracking system including establishing a schedule of values for each commitment that aligns with the cost coding structure established.
- Input and track cost events into the AE cost tracking system and track cost events until they are closed.
- Assist with the review of requests for change orders.
- With oversight and direction, maintain proactive communication between the AE Platform Delivery Team, AE Financial/ Accounting and AE Senior Leadership Team.
- Review and initial approval of construction related invoices.
- Audit cost codes with invoices, contracts and purchase orders.
- Input all invoices into the AE cost tracking system.
- Input all requests for change orders and track their status
- Work closely with the Construction Services Leadership Team; assist in the reporting of all financials of ongoing projects including forecast of project budgets and cash flow reporting monthly.
ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDED (will perform under direct supervision):
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepare construction budget by studying plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluate offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintain cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
STRONGLY DESIRED WORKING EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Project Management Software (MS Projects, Prolog, Procore, BIM 260, or similar).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- 2-3 years Project/Construction Management experience
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality always.
- Ability to understand and follow clear directions and meet specific deadlines with reporting, communication and project schedules.
- Team Player across the organization
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications
- May travel at times up to 25%
- Knowledge of construction cost estimating methods and development of scopes of work.
- Ability to understand construction project scopes.
- Able to monitor and interpret design and schedule changes and forecast their impact on overall project costs.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; assist in developing budgets and experience understanding reporting budgets/financials; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management – Assists in the Development of workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Team Player with Strong Communications skills; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Team Player across the organization; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Develops Budgets for projects; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand/walk/sit
- Frequently required to bend/climb
- Occasionally required to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email email@example.com to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.