JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
EMPLOYER: Aligned Energy Data Center, LLC
REPORTS TO: SVP, Platform Delivery & Technical Operations
SUMMARY: The Operations Manager will oversee and monitor the operations for the facility, including electrical plants, UPS, Generator, HVAC, cooling plants, BMS, and water systems. The Operations Manager will also ensure all electrical and mechanical systems meet or exceed industry standards for critical maintenance resulting in 100% uptime. The employee’s responsibilities will also include ensuring the building engineering team follows all reporting and documentation processes and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and meets all customer service level agreement commitments and compliance audit commitments. The Operations Manager reports to the SVP, Platform Delivery & Technical Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as site senior director for the all facilities management activities, including developing, implementing and quality control/assurance processes for all site engineering, preventative maintenance, security, house services, and logistics functions.
- Work closely with all strategic supply chain vendors to ensure Aligned Energy’s lean management strategies and continuous innovation and process improvement are fully implemented.
- Meet all customer service levels and power utilization efficiency commitments, and take an active role in on-going customer interaction. Participate in customer service review discussions and various ad-hoc meetings related to data center management issues.
- Develop and meet site operations budgets, as well as participate in the development and implementation of Aligned’s industry-leading, “use based” model for customer infrastructure management services and its commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with data center environments, including fire / life safety, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
- Ensure Industry Compliance Standards are obtained and maintained to the highest levels.
- Ensure electrical and mechanical installation, repair and maintenance of equipment and controls located in the interior and exterior of the building meets industry standards.
- Ensure performance testing is completed and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of critical equipment.
- Supervise local change management processes including the review and approval of all Method of Procedures (MOPs) for maintenance and one-time / emergency repair events in coordination with on-site personnel, contractors and customers.
- Manage all maintenance and repair contracts to ensure compliance with maintenance standards and operational requirements. Confirm all vendors are qualified and adhere to established company performance standards and scopes of work.
- Identify trends and analyze risks to articulate implications and impact to data center operations. Track operational metrics and other data to provide Senior Management oversight and control for both snapshot data and long-term trend analysis.
- Ensure efficient operation of all building systems.
- Schedule preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Develop Training material and ensure staff meets all training obligations for safety and skills development.
- Maintain on-going communication with tenants, owners, and vendors.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Ensure inventory control programs / purchase parts and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and Aligned directives as they relate to building operations.
- Serve as a member of the ISMS Steering Committee with responsibilities and authorities as described in the Program Role definitions document.
- Operational Roles may also apply as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 10 years’ experience or minimum of 12-15 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents; AutoCAD, Visio, and PDF documents.
- Ability to project and time manage effectively.
- Ability to develop operational standards and project tracking/management documents.
- Ability to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients.
- Requires knowledge of all applicable rules, laws, codes, regulations and ordinances in performing data / communications and MEP projects.
- Ability to estimate cost of client installations and other assigned projects. Perform cost tracking for all projects.
- Knowledge of Purchase Order Requests process and invoice tracking.
- Develop appropriate RFP processes in addition to development of operating and capital budgets.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures.
- MS Office applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Occasional travel will be required, for training and meetings.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email email@example.com to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned Energy is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.