JOB TITLE: Operational Risk Program Manager
EMPLOYER: Aligned Energy Data Center, LLC
REPORTS TO: SVP of Operations
SUMMARY:The Operations Risk Program Manager will serve as a technical subject matter expert in all aspects of the building/data center operations to include safety, security, reliability, network environment, and the critical environment equipment and systems. The Operations Risk Program Manager will ensure operational processes and policies for electrical and mechanical systems meet or exceed industry standards for critical maintenance resulting in 100% uptime and will meets all customer service level agreement commitments and compliance audit commitments. Additionally, the Operations Risk Program Manager will support the critical facilities team during complex evolutions, cutovers, and maintenance. The Operations Risk Program Manager reports to SVP of Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the risk planning and technical execution of critical operations projects throughout AE’s Data Centers.
- Work as a technical lead with cross-functional data center teams on large-scale data center projects and initiatives.
- Provide overall operational guidance, mentor operational leads, and be the go-to technical resource for AE’s management team.
- Track issues and analyze data for trends and systemic issues that may impact data center uptime and utilization. Perform root cause analysis of complex technical issues and drive resolution.
- Provide cross data center support and identify potentially larger issues, displaying effective communication skills when something is identified.
- Assist in the development of global standards for processes, workflow and automation roadmaps that will facilitate process improvements and best practice in data center operations.
- Work with internal operations teams and contractors to help resolve complex technical issues that affects AE’s data center infrastructure.
- Mentor Operations team members to evaluate and look for better ways to identify site risks, resolve issues, and create improvement plans to update people, processes, and systems within the Operations role.
- Build cross-functional relationships and demonstrate an ability to influence policies and procedures to improve AE’s data center design, operations, and reliability.
- Collaborate with senior engineering managers and engineers to design and develop the best technical and operational design and approach, delivering value add to customers without sacrificing long term business objectives or imposing risk to the operations.
- Collaborate with operations and cross functional groups for the development and implementation of new technologies and best practices to improve infrastructure quality, capacity, and efficiency.
- Propose new standards and policies to complement existing standards and approaches to maximize efficiency and value of operations.
- Assist operations in response to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Assist operations in ensuring data center are in compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and AE directives as relates to building and critical environment operations.
- Operational, Risk, and Technical Roles may also apply, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 10 years’ experience or minimum of 12-15 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Subject matter experience and knowledge of data center equipment and systems, processes to support reliable operations, and all applicable rules, laws, codes, regulations and ordinances in performing data/communications and MEP projects.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents such as technical specifications, construction documents, and sequence of operations.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex system data and trends to support troubleshooting, efficient operations of equipment and systems, and product selection.
- Ability to project and time manage effectively.
- Ability to develop operational standards and project tracking/management documents.
- Ability to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients.
- Ability to support the development of appropriate RFP processes and operating and capital budgets.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures.
- MSOffice applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Occasional travel will be required to support projects, training, and meetings.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email email@example.com to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned Energy is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.