JOB TITLE: Manager, Procurement
DEPARTMENT: Platform Delivery
REPORTS TO: Director, Procurement
SUMMARY: The Manager, Procurement assists and supports the Aligned Platform Delivery Team with all aspects of construction and supply chain management including oversight of employee and third-party organizations to complete a specific project. This position works under limited supervision, requiring strong self-management skills and demonstrated good organizational and time management abilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage current construction project schedules and status of project cost while tracking/overseeing production schedules and budgets.
- Update OFE program to track and manage all elements of procurement activities in real time.
- Work directly with Aligned Platform Delivery team to optimize and improve project delivery schedules.
- Oversee and direct all procurement project activities assigned.
- Own and maintain all administrative duties associated with Aligned construction/procurement projects to include, but not limited to: Requests for Proposals, Change Orders and Requests for PO’s working closely with Finance and Accounting.
- Assist in the collaboration of project budgets according to project controls and processes, working within Aligned cost tracking system.
- Manage and foster positive relationships between all supply chain partners and Owners Reps associated with the Aligned Platform Delivery Team.
- Work closely with the Construction Management Team reporting status of supply chain activities including budgets and production schedules
- Direct engagement with Aligned and/or 3rd party contractors to track all procurement/construction budget and schedules with assigned project.
- Input procurement commitments into cost tracking system including establishing a schedule of values for each commitment that aligns with the cost coding structure established.
- Assist with the review and approval for requested change orders.
- Maintain proactive and collaborative communication between the Aligned Platform Delivery Team, Aligned Financial / Accounting and Aligned Senior Leadership Team.
- Review and approval of procurement related invoices.
- Audit cost codes with invoices, contracts and purchase orders.
- Input all requests for change orders and track their status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience in critical facility supply chain and project management
- Direct experience managing multi-state operations and multi-million-dollar equipment contracts.
- Data center and/or manufacturing experience within supply chain management required
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality always.
- Ability to interpret critical facility construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to travel 25%+ of the time
MINIMUM DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Project Management Software (MS Projects, Procore, or similar).
- Knowledge of construction/procurement cost estimating methods and development of scopes of work.
- Ability to understand construction and procurement project scopes.
- Able to monitor and interpret design and schedule changes and forecast their impact on overall project costs.
- Awareness and experience with commodity management, raw materials and production planning
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email [email protected] to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.