JOB TITLE: Director, Security and Compliance
REPORTS TO: SVP of Operations
Under the direction of the SVP, Operations, the Director of Security is responsible for the strategy and execution of internal and external physical security which includes coordinating security programs and compliance, leading security and governance risk management programs and reporting, budget controls and driving security excellence across our portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees risk assessments in the physical security realm, closely collaborating with those performing similar functions in the cyber realm.
- Develops the physical protection policy and strategy for all properties and personnel.
- Implements a reporting framework to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of Aligned security program and facilitates appropriate resource allocation to drive the information security program
- Using ISO standards and framework, set annual and long-term security and compliance goals, define security strategies and operational controls across our sites to assess the maturity of the program both present and future.
- Develop and evaluates technology for use/application for physical access control, CCTV surveillance for audit trails, remote alarm monitoring & response, and assists other organization or directly deploy these technologies.
- Manages security system tools and equipment to ensure 100% uptime of all monitoring systems.
- Leads any completes internal/external security investigations reporting to key stakeholders.
- Manages security staff, oversees scheduling with Aligned security personnel and works closely with 3rd party vendors and/or Aligned Human Resources regarding performance concerns.
- Review and lead all contingency/emergency plans, procedures and corporate response teams across our portfolio.
- Oversees compliance with Aligned’s security awareness program, security hotline, and security incident database.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders by responding to Request for Information related to physical security.
- Serve as local and portfolio liaison on specific assets relative to immediate customer solutions.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to tenant inquiries, issues and complaints, working in coordination with the appropriate parties at Aligned
- Engage and create partnerships with tenants to form strong working relationships and ensure satisfaction in the physical security realm.
- Learn the principal engineering properties of power and cooling, relative to our data center operations.
- Manage adherence to contractual obligations with visitor access requests and ensures compliance to Aligned rules and regulations.
- Supports compliance audits as required to meet compliance standards/ISO certification.
- Works with local authorities in communicating security issues for the property and immediate area.
- Ensures Security Officer training is conducted on a regular and continuous basis.
- Assist in developing operational and compliance documents and procedures and facilitating required compliance training throughout the year.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises all security personnel within the security department (internal Aligned security)
- Manage security contract, training, and compliance at all sites
- Top Secret/Secret Security Clearance required and must retain any company, federal, or other background investigations required to perform work
- At least 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role overseeing physical security, information security and risk management with 4 years in the federal space
- Experience with regulatory compliance and requirements
- Up to 30% travel required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Demonstrated excellence presenting to an executive-level audience internally and with customers, both written and oral
- Experience leading vendor engagements, compliance and managing scope and budget of existing or future contracts
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed (facility is secured 24/7).
- Ability to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from various levels of management and the public
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or customers
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Proven management and employee development skills, customer service driven, and problem-solving knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures.
- MSOffice applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email [email protected] to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.