JOB TITLE: Director of Service Delivery
REPORTS TO: SVP of Operations
SUMMARY: The Director of Service Delivery plays an integral role in the company’s long-term success by strategically positioning the Implementation organization to provide an exceptional customer experience, effectively manage customer fit-out, and drive value creation for the customer and Aligned from competitive costs and quality of project delivery. Clearly defines project scope, develops project plans, and sets priorities for cross departmental teams.
Ensures the success of Aligned’s Service Delivery team by establishing deep customer relationships through transparent reporting metrics, facilitating effective working team meetings both internally and externally, identifying, and mitigating risks and issues, developing customer facing content, and ensuring implementation of all build-out projects stays on track. Provide exceptional delivery of products and services thought hands-on leadership with frequent interaction with cross-organizational department leaders and the Senior Leadership Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical, business consulting, and product expertise of data center fit-out to enable Aligned to deliver solutions to meet the customers intended purpose and technical specifications.
- Manage customer fit out project schedules and status of project costs while tracking/overseeing requirements needed to successfully complete projects.
- Empowered to make tactical day-to-day and long-term strategic decisions and is accountable for all activities performed by team to meet budget, schedule, and requirements of customer fit-out projects.
- Drive engagement and performance by defining processes and expectations for implementation and service delivery of fit-out projects.
- Responsible for customer engagement activities to include but not limited to customer meetings, escalations, executive read-outs, and related customer relationship management activities as it pertains to customer fit-out.
- Responsible for applying expert knowledge of the implementation and large project process, providing strategic direction, making decisions and solving complex problems to move the business forward.
- Drives continuous improvement practices across the Service Delivery organization by working with customers and key internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the set up and management of project budgets according to the project controls procedures set forth by Senior Leadership.
- Work closely with Aligned and/or 3rd party on-site Project Manager to track all the cost aspects of a project to include, but not limited to:
- Handoff from Solutions Architect of fit-out scope, budget, and schedule requirements through execution by Platform Delivery Team.
- Project updates from Platform Delivery to customer, customer success, and site Operations team.
- Review and approval of construction related fit-out project scope, costs, and schedules to ensure it meets the requirements of the customer and signed service orders.
- Review all requests for change orders, obtain customer approval for change of scope, and track status of approved changes.
- Obtain project acceptance from customer for fit-out.
- Ensure commencement letters executed following closeout of project in accordance with contract requirements.
STRONGLY DESIRED WORKING EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Project Management Software (MS Projects, Prolog, Procore, BIM 260, or similar).
- Data Center technical knowledge and experience required.
- Strong project management, program management and analytical skills while working within tight deadlines and multiple projects.
- Strong presentation, communication, and customer management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- 7-10 years Project/Integration/Construction Management experience
- Innate ability to partner and influence key organizations such as Solutions Architect, Sales, Customer Success, IT, Operations and others to garner continuous improvement within the Service Delivery organization.
- Ability to multi-task in a challenging, fast paced, matrix management organization.
- Ability to make decisions based on a broad range of issues, within and outside the control of the day to day working environment.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality always.
- Ability to understand and follow clear directions and meet specific deadlines with reporting, communication and project schedules.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to understand construction project scopes.
- Able to monitor and interpret design and schedule changes and forecast their impact on overall project costs.
- May travel at times up to 25%
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; assist in developing budgets and experience understanding reporting budgets/financials; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management – Assists in the Development of workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Team Player with Strong Communications skills; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Team Player across the organization; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Develops Budgets for projects; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand/walk/sit
- Frequently required to bend/climb
- Occasionally required to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email [email protected] to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.