JOB TITLE: Director Construction Management
Data centers are our pedigree and innovation is our DNA – bringing new approaches to our customers, the way we work, and the world at large. Behind each innovation are the very people who conceive it and work hard to see it become reality.
As a result of our exciting growth, we are looking to add a Director of Construction Management to our team.
Working closely with the SVP Design and Construction, this successful Director will develop best in class construction management policies, tools and best practices. Taking on a leadership role within the organization, this individual will also be a key player in developing and implementing a robust training and accountability program that ensues performance of Platform Delivery team to construction management best practices. This successful candidate will possess an industry leading reputation and history of providing leadership and direction in construction policies, vendor relationships, accountability, training and employee development, subcontractor and supplier relationships, project and group predictability and profitability.
*Travel 50-75% required to support projects and pursuits throughout North America and could extend into LATAM, South America and EMEA.
**Location flexible, but prefer candidate based in Dallas, TX or Ashburn, VA
- Dual responsibilities to direct day to day operations of construction projects and lead a team of 2-3 direct reports.
- Direct the day to day operations and long-term strategic direction of Construction projects (in various regions). Projects will be large, fast moving, complex, and require a high degree of coordination and proactive leadership.
- Provide guidance and project leadership including ground up construction, remodels, renovations, etc. ensuring projects are meeting or exceeding company expectations
- Organize and lead cross function work groups, including design, procurement, operations, IT/Network, and finance as needed to achieve construction management best practices.
- Direct as many as 25+ external vendors per project comprising General Contractors, A&E design teams, commissioning agents, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Develop and implement company and departmental processes and best management practices within areas of responsibility.
- Ensure effective contract administration including generation, review, management, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, cost forecasts, and other pertinent documents and documentation. Assure that internal controls are in place at each step of the process.
- Inspect work in place and work in progress to insure same meets or exceeds quality, specification, and schedule requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external team members including staff, subcontractors, vendors, architects, and other industry professionals
- Self-growth by seeking out training, professional development, and career advancement opportunities
- Assist to interview, hire, and assure effective training and development of new and existing staff
- Provide subject-matter expertise in areas of responsibility
- Reports status, successes, challenges and plans of action to management team and company on a timely basis
- Develop, manage and be accountable for achievement of key departmental metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, construction management or a related field.
- 10+ years progressive experience in successfully managing commercial construction projects or programs
- Strong working knowledge of building construction and project management processes and procedures at a global scale.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of the design of data centers in various geographies in North America.
- Track record in overseeing medium to large-scale data center construction projects and with capital expenditure oversight of $100M+.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate construction documents including drawings, specifications and contracts
- Competency in CPM scheduling methods, construction cost estimating, proposal generation and development, document management and contract administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and other industry computer applications.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, written and verbal presentation, and team-building skills proven in multiple international regions.
- Demonstrated success building and leading teams of construction professionals at varying levels of professional development proven in multiple international regions.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, exceptional communication, negotiation and analytical skills required proven in multiple international regions.
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team projects in an extremely fast paced and demanding environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email email@example.com to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.