JOB TITLE: Critical Facilities Technician
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, this position requires extensive hands-on analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting of facility operations within Aligned data centers. Work includes installation, repair, and maintenance of critical and non-critical mechanical and / or electrical machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of the building(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Maintain, monitor, and perform preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on critical and non-critical equipment.
- Mechanical areas to include operation and maintenance of multiple components within the HVAC system, plumbing installation / maintenance, generator operations, fire detection and suppression, life safety, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, and CCTV).
- Electrical responsibilities include the planning, implementation, coordination and supervision of all electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment. Ensure conformance with all change control development, approvals and execution.
- Schedule, develop and ensure quality of all preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance.
- Routinely perform all work in strict accordance with governing MOP / SOP / ERP procedures, and maintenance work instructions.
- Operate and monitor critical and non-critical system equipment and components. Oversee work efforts (including third-party contractors) for safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment. Disable and enable fire alarm control panels and systems.
- Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure. Consult with Chief Engineer or Supervisor to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Monitor building operations and tour properties periodically during scheduled shift.
- Receive work order for preventative and corrective maintenance on electrical systems and building physical structure. Consult with supervisors and staff as appropriate to identify and order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of all electrical systems.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and safety procedures capabilities of employees and contractors.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, develop, communicate and improve Aligned’s processes to ensure continuous improvement and innovation.
- High school diploma and minimum 3-5 years’ experience in electrical or mechanical critical facilities support, or 7+ years’ experience as HVAC or mechanical technician
- Electrical / mechanical certifications preferred
- Able to work overtime and longer shifts (12 hour)
- Computer skills required: MS Office
- Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design workflows and procedures.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Dependability – Follow instructions and respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgement – Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observe safety and security procedures; determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
- Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.