JOB TITLE: Chief Engineer
EMPLOYER: Aligned Energy Data Center, LLC
REPORTS TO: Building Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Operations Manager, coordinate and manage the technical, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems and operations of Aligned Energy’s data center property portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with data center environments including fire / life safety, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and supervise all mechanical / electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment. Ensure conformance with all change control development, approvals and execution.
- Perform plumbing installation, repair and maintenance of piping and associated equipment and components located in the interior or exterior of the building.
- Conduct routine and on-going assessments of building systems operations.
- Perform tests, rounds and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of critical equipment.
- Develop and ensure quality of all preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance.
- Schedule preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Work on building management programs for a critical facilities environment.
- Ensure efficient operation of all building systems.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and safety procedures capabilities of employees and contractors. Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and engineers.
- Maintain on-going communication with tenants, owners, and vendors.
- Assist in updating of and / or maintain as-built drawings.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Assist with maintaining inventory control programs / purchase parts and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and Aligned directives as they relate to building operations.
- Act as primary technical resource for Building Engineers and Operations Manager.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations; develop, communicate and improve Aligned’s processes to ensure continuous improvement and innovation.
- Minimum eight years of increased responsibility and oversight of building systems and critical facilities equipment.
- Professional licenses strongly preferred (electrical and mechanical licenses).
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents; AutoCAD, Visio, and PDF documents.
- Ability to project manage effectively.
- Ability to develop installation standards and project tracking / management documents.
- Ability to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients.
- Requires knowledge of all applicable rules, laws, codes, regulations and ordinances in performing data / communications and MEP projects.
- Ability to estimate cost of client installations and other assigned projects. Perform cost tracking for all projects.
- Knowledge of Purchase Order Requests process and invoice tracking.
- Develop appropriate RFP processes.
- Assist in the development of operating and capital budgets.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven management skills, customer service orientation, and problem-solving knowledge.
- Assist in development of operating and capital budgets.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures.
- MS Office applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Occasional travel may be required, for training or other reasons.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you. Email email@example.com to learn more about our open roles.
Our employees enjoy great benefits, a flexible work environment and open PTO.
Aligned Energy is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.